Monday, January 30, 2012

Didja Miss Me?

Hello all! I've been trying to figure out how to balance my time among my five or six jobs and how to prioritize the two-and-a-half that actually pay me. I'd really like to tell you about all that.

I'd love to tell you about the advisory panel I recently had the honor to sit on at the New York Hall of Science - how I somehow got thrown in with the head of the Brooklyn Public Library's centers for kids with special needs, the head of the science curriculum at Sesame Workshop, and Jesus Himself to help redesign a preschool exhibit to make it more autism-friendly.

At some point I'll get around to telling you about the talk I gave at a support group for grandparents of ASD kids.

I totally want to fill you in on the article I wrote for Autism Asperger's Digest; the monsters I've been sewing; and the allergen-free recipe site I've been helping out with.

But all that is going to have to wait.

Because yesterday, Ryan told me, "I love you, Mommy."

Unprompted.

For the second time ever.

And my heart is so full, I don't much care about anything else.

Kid stole my tea, but he was so cute I poured him his own cup.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm SO happy for you! I remember those times. It was so rare that I saved my sons little toy phone because a family member got him saying that recorded on it. I kept it so I could at least hear the message. I told myself that I was gonna keep it forever, but now I don't need to. My son has come a long way. Now, 5 years later, he tells me he loves me almost daily. There is hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have warned me that I was about to have a crying fit in the middle of the Costa Rica airport! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Filled my heart with warmth and joy! I can imagine how you felt! I remember those days with my own son! Doing the happy dance for both of you!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, people.