Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My son the doctor

Some folks say that people with autism lack empathy. This is bull.

Last week I came down with the plague. The whole family eventually followed suit, but, you know, I'm a born leader.

So I'm lying in bed with a fever, miserable, when the door opens and Ryan walks in with a glass of chocolate milk.

For me.

It seems that Stu had explained to Ryan that Mommy was sick and needed to rest. Ryan immediately announced, "We got to make him [sic] feel much better!" Stu asked what would make Mommy feel better, and Ryan replied, "Maybe a snack would help. I got to make him chocolate milk with a straw!"

And then Ryan poured me a glass of milk, stirred in the Nesquik, got a straw, and carefully carried the glass to my room.

And you know what? I felt much better after that.

1 comment:

Keep it civil, people.